Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink

Summary

Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorope have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, they find themselves entangles in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents’ deaths, a boy a book, and a lifetime of secrets.

Lia and Alice don’t know whom they can trust. They just know they cat trust each other.

Number of pages: 343



Review

This story was awesome. I just finished this book and continued to the next in a matter of 5 minutes. I guess that it ends at a point where it's too difficult not to want to see what happens next. So these twin sisters have some family issues that you wouldn’t even imagine. It's told by Lia, who is obviously the good twin-while she starts to uncover an ancient prophecy-that involves her and her sister. She is the quieter one of the two, and the eldest (though by mere minutes I believe). Her story though kinda scary at times is complicated and I couldn’t put it down. Zink created the mystery so that it doesn't give away enough to guess the outcome, but won't tire you and leave you just waiting for an end to come. Now her sister Alice? She was just evil! Ugh! I just wanted to slap her at times, no joke. I really, really hope Lia kicks her butt in the end. This book had just the right amount of mystery and emotion that completely had me engrossed until the end. There were times that the story slowed, but it wasn’t to bad and the parts that were good were good. So from 1-10? I do believe I shall give it an . . . 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment