Thursday, June 30, 2011

Angel Burn by L. A. Weatherly

Summary

THEY’RE OUT FOR YOUR SOUL.

AND THEY DON’T HAVE HEAVEN IN MIND . . .

Willow knows she’s different from other girls, and not just because she loves tinkering with cars. Willow has a gift. She can look into the future and know people’s dreams and hopes, their sorrows and regrets, just by touching them. She has no idea where this power comes from. But the assassin, Alex, does. Gorgeous, mysterious Alex knows more about Willow than Willow herself does. He knows that her powers link to dark and dangerous forces and that he’s one of the few humans left who can fight them. When Alex finds himself falling in love with his sworn enemy, he discovers that nothing is as it seems, least of all good and evil.

  • Number of pages: 449


Review

W. O. W.

I don’t know how else to get this through to all of you clearly except . . . THIS BOOK WAS SOOOOO GOOOD!! I was completely captured even from the moment that I read the PROLOUGE and that is saying something. If you get the chance to read this book then I seriously wouldn’t hesitate to get a hold of a copy. I don’t even know what exactly it was from the story that really had me mesmerized for the entire time that I read this book . . . which was in a day (a new personal best if I do say so myself). I haven’t been this captivated in a book in quite some time. I can’t say I’m not excited to review this book, but I really don’t want to give anything away.

I think I have to start with the fact that the plot itself went beyond the norms of today’s usual books. Lately, a lot of novels have been meshing together with the way the plots all seem in at least one way similar. I mean it’s not always bad because each author has their own way of styling their stories, but I think Angel Burn was a whole new take, a new-ish kind of story. There were some of the typical stuff that we teens read about mostly, like the star-crossed love story of the book or the super natural stuff that gets us so addicted. So what this book is about is that after learning about angels Willow becomes the target of some pretty dangerous beings, and Alex is sent to kill her. Of course Alex—being Alex—has enough common sense to know that something isn’t right. Once they discover what is going on they are force to stick together in what seems the most dangerous, and exciting road trip ever. Along the way of course, the attraction between them builds until it is practically palpable through the pages. I think it had to be one of the top 10 romances ever.

The angel aspect of Angel Burn was really interesting. These aren’t the type of angels I would pray to, if you know what I mean. I kind of found it interesting how the angels were evil and created their own religion of sorts; more like a cult. And how every now and then people would be like, “oh Jesus that was intense”. Or something like that. Probably isn’t relevant to anything, but it was something I picked up and thought kind of interesting, the worship of this strange religion with expressions of another. The adventure also was really cool, too. They travel practically cross-country, and there was much to do on those little trips. Honestly I really did enjoy this book, and maybe you will too. It’s worth a shot picking it up, don’t you think? So from 1-10? Angel Burn definitely gets a 9!!

No comments:

Post a Comment