Thursday, September 8, 2011

All That Matters by Youseph Tanha


Summary

Ethan Wright is just like any other high school kid that is one day lucky enough to meet the girl of his dreams. Throughout the course of high school the young couple learn to cope with incredibly difficult odds to discover all that matters.’All That Matters’ is a novella about love and life and all that the heart can endure. With memorable characters and a deep story you will find it difficult to put this book down.


Review

I read this book because the author, Youseph Tanha, contacted me telling me about this story and asking me to review it. I always love when I’m asked to review a book, and this was no exception. I believe this story, All That Matters, is only available on ebook.

So what can I say about this book? Well, it’s not your typical story, and it’s definitely not something I would read without a little push. It was interesting to be sure. I found it very realistic. The story is about a man who is telling you why he became a doctor. It tells of his story and his high school sweetheart. My guess is love can sometimes be hard, but especially when the girlfriend has cancer. I could feel him worry and excitement at being with the girl he wants. The story was really sad, especially near the end, but for some reason it seemed like besides the fact that she had to go to the hospital for chemo and radiation treatments, I didn’t feel much emotion from her family or other characters. Their concern was big, but the emotion behind that just didn’t seem palpable enough to me. What really surprised me was how—I don’t exactly know how to say this—close Ethan (the protagonist) and Amanda (his girlfriend and the girl of his dreams) were in their physical relationship. I found it gave a little too much info into their love life. And what were their parents thinking? I just didn’t understand.

The story ends in a way that is not the ending I would hope for. Not much of a happy ending, but then again does life always have a happy ending? To the protagonist it must have been a decent ending to his life, but I had wished he would find more than contentment. Maybe I understood it wrong. The bottom line is that this is the story of life, sickness, loyalty, and moving forward. From 1-10? I give All That Matters a 5.5!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment