Sunday, September 25, 2011

Silver and Stone by J.D. Thompson


Summary

Welcome to high school high society hell.
As if senior year at Weatherford Preparatory School wasn’t hard enough, sixteen-year-old Alexis Bardolph had to add school outcast to the curriculum.
A new found notoriety following a family scandal, her lacrosse star boy-friend dumping her for a former BFF and a string of perpetually bad hair days were among the many things going wrong in her already turbulent teenage life.
But when the haunting nightmares that have plagued her since childhood begin to take an eerily tangible form and several Holler Creek residents are reported missing, Alexis can’t help but wonder if there isn’t more to her hellish dreams than meets the eye.
The unexpected arrival of a mysterious and dangerously handsome new student ultimately leads Alexis to troubling truths that not even her wildest imagination could have conjured.

  • Number of pages: 132


Review 

Society hell sounds like fun the way JD Thompson writes it. Ok, maybe not fun exactly, but I loved reading this book and JD Thompson did a great job making this book where it was balanced by scariness, mystery, and humor. This review is going to be a little hard to write though because most of the book consisted of giving you the facts and occurrences little by little throughout the book, so for me to spoil it here on my review would be unfair to you, but I’ll try my best.

For some huge reason in which I can’t tell you, Alexis is the ex-popular girl in this huge castle like mansion, and all but her two best friends don’t completely hate her guts, even her sister is having a hard time accepting her sister’s situation and where this puts her in the society food chain that everyone in this book lives by. Depression is the right word to describe Alexis at this point in her life and the incredible guilt and confusion she feels. For what reason I cant say unless a spoiled story is what you want, but once you read the when’s and why’s of Silver and Stone you will be left stunned and craving more. Add Lucas into the mix and things get a bit more dangerous.

The setting was perfect for this type of story. The castle and the small town made everything seem a little more supernatural, and creepy. There is so much I want to say because the twist and turns in this story was absolutely riveting and I wish I could just blurt it all out and tell you what happens, but I’ll control myself and let you all read and figure it out for yourself. Just have a little patience to go to the end to find things out, and you should get hooked onto Alexis’ crazy story.

And you can imagine my excitement when I see that there was an excerpt for the next book that will come out soon! This may not be the most clear of reviews, but take it from me, Silver and Stone is not a book you want to miss out on. From 1-10 on entertainment alone? I give Silver and Stone an 8!


A note on the cover: I didn’t very much like the cover of this book since it looks kind of creepy, but don’t let that stop you from reading the book. Really! 

No comments:

Post a Comment