Monday, November 21, 2011

Quest of the Demon by Michelle Sawyer


Summary
“Darci is your average every day sixteen year old girl who plays basketball and lives in an ordinary country town.  Her life changes forever as she is 'accidentally zapped' to the land of Nahaba by the apprentice wizard Taslessian. Within hours of her unexpected arrival, both teens are thrust into a dangerous journey to the cave of Grisham the Great, who will hopefully be able to send her home.  When they get there however Darci soon finds out that there is no such things as accidents and that their journey is only just beginning.”


  •        eBook version, not sure how many pages

Review
I have said before and I will continue to say it for however long I have this blog, may it be another year or another 10 years—I will always be honest on my blog. As to how I say the truth in this case, I don’t know. The thing about this book is that it was an interesting plot written in a way that was drawn out to an extent that it took me more than a month to read. That is saying something because if I set my mind to it, I can read a book in less than a day. It wasn’t that I didn’t try. I read late into the night with this book and yet something always stopped me from continuing it to the end.

Like I said before, this was definitely an interesting plot. It had all the aspects to make it a good book. it had adventure, magic, friendships, but just because the idea of something is good does not mean that it was done in the right sort of manner. Darci’s story is an interesting one filled with dragons and wizards in which she is sent to in order to the save the planet in which she is transported to. This book was written in such a descriptive and drawn out manner that I had to stop myself from skipping ahead till it go to something more exciting. The journey itself had many steps and each step was detailed to a point that it took me 20 minutes to go a percentage higher (as is calculated on an eReader such as a kindle). If I said I could pinpoint exactly what made this such a hard read I’d be lying. I am not sure what it was, but I can say this: I am not rereading this book in the future. From 1-10? I give this book a 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment