Sunday, July 8, 2012

Angel Fire by L.A. Weatherly


Summary

In the wake of the Second Wave, the angel menace has exploded, and Alex and Willow are on the lam. Willow has a prophetic dream that points them to Mexico City, where they connect with a fledgling group of angel killers, Alex takes the team in hand, training them for a rush attach on the Seraphic Council, an elite group already under watch by Willow’s angel-father, Raziel, who wants “The Twelve” dead for the sinister reasons of his own and will stop at nothing.

What Alex doesn’t know is that there was also a boy in Willow’s dream, one she felt overpoweringly attracted to. and when enigmatic Seb shows up in the flesh, he turns out to be another—possibly the world’s only other—half angel.

Seb’s been searching for Willow all his life . . . and as the team prepares for grim warfare against a divine enemy, Willow must weigh her love for Alex against the truth of her nature, with everything to lose.

Number of pages: 638


Review

I am emotionally drained from this book . . . in a definitely good way. Angel Burn was everything I expected from book 2 of this trilogy. In fact, I think it was even better than the first book. Mainly I think it’s better because in the first book, the only characters that really get viewed is Alex, Willow, the bad guy, and a handful of people that pass by. Most of the time it was just Alex and Willow. In this book, you see a wide range of characters. My favorite of those new characters being Seb. I loved him. The whole chemistry between Seb and Willow, even the chemistry between Seb and Alex who were always at odds was extremely entertaining.

I liked how it ended a lot. Sometimes in a series like this, the ending either leaves you unsatisfied or so satisfied that you don’t want the next book to come out because it ended off just the way you want it. This book ended in a way that left me with all the loose ends lied up . . . for now. But then it also left a whole new plot to open up in the next book. I found the way L.A. did that was just great. The story did seem a little drawn out to me in the middle, but overall enjoyable. From 1-10? It’s a definite 7.5

Quick opinion on the cover . . . I didn’t like it at all. Honestly, I understand it after I read it, but it looks completely demonic to me, and I didn’t much care for it. If it weren’t for the fact that I have book one in the hardcover format I probably would have gotten book 2 in kindle because the cover really bugs me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment