Thursday, June 28, 2012

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks


Summary


Galen, a Syrena prince, searches land for a girl he’s heard can communicate with fish. It’s while Emma is on vacation at the beach that she meets Galen. Although their connection is immediate and powerful, Galen’s not fully convinced that Emma’s the one he’s been looking for. That is, until a deadly encounter with a shark proves that Emma and her Gift may ne the only thing that can save his kingdom. He needs her help—no matter the risk.








  • Number of pages: 336



Review

Charming and laugh out loud funny, Of Poseidon was truly a special treat. As I sit on a recliner in the middle of a spectacular ocean view, I fantasize that I can see Emma and Galen as they try to discover more about Emma’s past and Gifts right on the ocean floor. What mostly captured me about the whole book was the dialogue and interaction of the characters. It was charming and super realistic . . . funny too. When I said laugh out loud funny I wasn’t joking. My whole family probably heard my peals of laughter around the house. The plot and story line was particularly interesting. It’s not a typical story. The whole mystery about what exactly Emma is and the wonder of how Emma and Galen’s love for each other can actually survive their trials was captivating. All the characters in this story were created in a way that you know they were real, in a sense. Like they could actually be the kind of people I would find in my high school . . . except for the fins. I didn’t put the book down once. In fact, this is the second time I read it in less than four days! That’s got to say something right? Overall, I have to say that I enjoyed myself. From 1-10? I give it a good, solid 8 

No comments:

Post a Comment