Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Siren by Kiera Cass


Summary

“You must never do anything that might expose our secret. This means that, in general, you cannot form close bonds with humans. You can speak to us, and you can always commune with the Ocean, but you are, essentially, a weapon. I won’t like to you, it can be a lonely existence, but once you are done, you get to live. All you have to give, for now, is obedience and time . . .”

The same speech has been given hundreds of times to hundreds of beautiful girls who enter the sisterhood of sirens. Kahlen has lived by these rules for years now, patiently waiting for the life she can call her own. But when Akinli, a human, enters her world, she can’t bring herself to live by the rules anymore. Suddenly the life she’s been waiting for doesn’t seem nearly as important as the one she’s living now.

  • Number of pages: 276


Review

The Siren was a new kind of story, with some flair of the usual. I can’t say it was the average story either because the plot line was very interesting to follow along. It’s the story about Kahlen’s sentence as a siren. She takes you through each of the biggest episodes in her 100 years as siren, and how, along the way, she discovers a person who she is willing to risk anything and everything for.

Like I said, the story was interesting, but I couldn’t help but get tired eyes as I read the book. It was long and it was monotonous at times. It’s not that the story was boring, only that many parts were extended and it made me tired to read it at times. It’s like she kept ranting in her head or something.

Something that I found extremely great was how the author gave life to the Ocean. She was real, and She felt and loved and thought as well. I can’t really explain it, only that I felt connected to the Ocean. I thought that was just amazing. So adding all the qualities together, from 1-10? I’d say The Siren gets a 6. 

No comments:

Post a Comment